NOTE The kick-start programme is co-founded by FIDO and Ford foundation, the implementing organization is Salvage Africa. This application process and participation in the programme is free of charge. No salvage Africa staff or associate can influence your winning of this entrepreneurship grant. Please report anyone trying to solicit funds from you to the organization using our contact page. Click here to send us a message. Or contact us via whatsapp +2349154158509
- The grant is open to Nigerians who live and have their business within the 36 states of Nigeria (FTC inclusive).
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and at most 40 years , with valid identification (e.g. National I.D; Drivers License; International Passport or Voters card authenticated by Beverified).
- Applicants must be prepared to run and manage their business on a full time basis.
- Applicants must be able to read and write.
QUALIFYING BUSINESSES/ACCEPTABLE PROPOSALS
- Legally Resident/business within Nigeria States.
- New businesses requiring start-up capital
- Existing small businesses needing capital to expand operations
- Joint ventures that will add value to the business are encouraged
- Other innovative business proposals with positive development impacts and result on Nigeria's economy development
- Proposal must reasonably demonstrate that the project is commercially and technically viable.
RULES GUIDING THE PROGRAMME
- This programme is run by SALVAGE AFRICA and is open to young individuals between 18 and 40 years of age resident and doing business in Nigeria
- Employees and their immediate families of salvage Africa, are exempted from participating.
- Applicant shall only be allowed to enter the competition with one business.
- Consider your entry application unsuccessful should you not receive a response from salvage Africa after 20 days from application closing date.
- Salvage Africa will assume full rights and ownership of all materials (imagery, videos, etc) produced from the programme, and will be entitled to use the Applicant’s story for communication purposes without any compensation to the Applicant whatsoever for as long as the Kickstart programme is in existence.
- Selected winning Applicants of the programme are required to run and manage their business on a full-time basis.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- Salvage Africa reserves the right to make media announcements, publications of the winners of the competition, photography and follow-up interviews.
- The governing law to apply in respect of this competition is that of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and therefore it is the sole responsibility of the Applicants to ensure that they comply with relevant regulatory and legislative requirements as set out by the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Successful winning Applicants agree to have their business progress tracked for a period of 1 year.
- Competition entries ‘Business (product or service offering)’ cannot be changed during the competition or the KickStart Programme.
Originality of Plan, Intellectual Property Warranty and Indemnity
- The Applicant warrants that all ideas and concepts set forth in the entry are the original work of the Applicants, and the Applicant is under no agreement or restriction that prohibits or restricts his or her ability to disclose or submit such ideas or concepts to the Competition. Applicant further warrants that the Rights or any equipment, materials or reports used in connection with the Rights by Applicants shall not infringe upon or violate the Intellectual Property rights or other proprietary rights of a third party. Competition Applicants and Participants will be disqualified, upon conclusion of a diagnostic analysis by salvage africa at any stage of the competition, should they be found to have knowingly or unknowingly misrepresented information pertaining to their businesses
Compliance with the Rules, and Competition Agreement
- The Applicants has reviewed the Competition
- Guidelines and by proceeding to fill the application form individual agrees to abide by the Guidelines, Rules and Competition Agreement.
Frequently asked questions
Who can apply?
The kick start Program is open to all Nigerian citizens aged between 18 – 40 years, who has a viable business idea or existing business.
Any age restriction?
Yes. Applicants must be aged between 18 years to 40 years old.
Can business from all state in niggeria apply?
Can business that has not yet commenced operation apply?
Yes. Businesses at the idea stage are eligible to apply.
Must my business be registered with Co operate affairs?
How do I apply for the kickstart Program?
You start by clicking the apply now button
Can I apply by email or offline means?
All applications must be submitted only through the ONLINE application form
How many applicatans will be chosen for the kickstart Program?
At least 2,000 applicants will be chosen for the Programme
If my business is selected for the kickstart program, when and how will I be informed?
Successful applicants will be notified via text message and email address they have used in their application form.